Last Updated: June 30th. 2017
Welcome to the CONtv, LLC (the “CONtv,” “we,” “our” or “us”), which provides our users with access to convention footage, motion pictures, television shows, and other audio-visual entertainment streamed over the Internet.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect information about you in several ways.
- Information You Provide
We collect personal information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use the Services, register or create an online account with or through the CONtv Services, participate in sweepstakes or other promotions, provide user content (including reviews, ratings, or opinions of our content library), request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email list, fill out a survey, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with or contact us. The personal information we collect may include your name, email address, physical address or postal code, and telephone or mobile number. You may also provide us with certain information in connection with specification transactions:
Information You Provide When You Purchase a Subscription. If you subscribe to the Services, you may need to provide a credit or debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), or other payment information (such as via PayPal or Apple Pay), depending on the form of payment you choose.
Information You Provide about a Third Party. If you send someone else a communication from the Services, such as sending an invitation to a friend, the information you provide (e.g., name, e-mail address) will be used to facilitate the communication and will not be used for any other marketing purpose, unless such person registers with us or becomes a customer, we obtain consent from such person, or we explicitly say otherwise at the point of collection.
Information You Provide Through Social Media. You may be able to connect one or more of your social networking accounts with your CONtv account. When you do, we may automatically receive certain information about you based on your registration and privacy settings on those third party services. This may include, but may not be limited to, name, user name or ID, demographic information, email address, updated address or contact information, location, interests, birthday, friends list, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
- Information We Collect Automatically
We may use a variety of technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, local shared objects (Flash cookies), HTML5 cookies, mobile software development kits (SDKs), or other technologies to collect certain information about visitors to, and users of, our Services and interactions with our emails and online and mobile advertisements, and to allow us to keep track of analytics and certain statistical information.
For example, we may automatically collect certain non-personal information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, operating system, unique device identifier of any of your computer(s) or device(s) that are used to access the Services, software version, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, geolocation, phone model, phone operating system, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services. We also may collect information concerning your use of and activity on the CONtv Services, such as title selections, viewing history, search history, the date and time you visit the Services, the areas or pages of the Services that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Services, the number of times you return to the Services, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Services, and other sites that you may visit.
Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers to support the CONtv Services. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, HTML5 cookies, or mobile SDKs to receive, collect, and store information.
- Information Collection from Other Sources
We may, from time to time, collect information from third parties, such as online and offline demographic and other data providers, data aggregators, public databases, and our business partners We may use this information to analyze our user base, analyze our current, former and potential subscribers, improve our service, protect our users from fraud or other harmful activities, maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services or other offers that may be of interest to you, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
- Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Services, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
- USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect from or about you for any of the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries; provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, including the CONtv Services; provide you with notices about your CONtv account; and contact and communicate with you when necessary;
- To enhance your experience and provide you with customized content on the CONtv Services, including providing you with targeted or localized content, recommendations about content you might enjoy, targeted offers and advertising on the Services, via email, in-app messaging or push notifications, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services that you use;
- To contact you with information, newsletters, promotional emails, promotional opportunities, or consumer surveys from CONtv or on behalf of our partners and affiliates;
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes;
- To address problems with the Services or our business, and to identify and prevent malicious activities on the CONtv Services or targeted at CONtv users;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries: We may share your information with CONtv affiliates and subsidiaries for business, operational, promotional, and marketing purposes.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us (for example, by disclosing your credit/debit card information only to process payments and prevent fraud), help us operate our business and the Services, administer activities on our behalf, or for other analytical or business-related purposes.
- Business Partners and Other Third Parties: We may share information collected from or about you with our business partners, including advertisers, content licensors, distributors, and other companies that are not affiliated with CONtv Services, to provide you with marketing, promotional, and other offers.
- Co-Branded Relationships: Certain areas of our Services may be provided to you in association with third parties, such as advertisers that provide products and services or rewards programs. We may share information with these third parties if you participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored, or jointly presented promotion, contest, survey, voting feature, or service.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may disclose aggregate or anonymous information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction, including to third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
- YOUR CHOICES AND OPT-OUTS
We strive to provide you with choices over the information you provide to us. We provide you with the following controls over your information:
Cookies, Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our Services require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Services or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
- If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available here.
- To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website (www.adobe.com).
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
Opt Out Preferences
We provide our customers with the opportunity to update their information or opt-out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment, or delivery of a product order or servicing of your product. To opt-out of marketing communications, you may:
- Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
- Unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by unsubscribing or following the instructions contained within the email.
If you receive marketing communications from one or more CONtv affiliate, you must opt-out individually from each of the affiliates from which you are receiving brand-specific marketing communications.
Accessing Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may opt-out of our disclosure of personal information to third parties affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To opt out, please contact us at email@example.com. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Non-affiliated third parties are independent from CONtv and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the CONtv Services to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen. If CONtv learns that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personally identifiable information to the Site, it will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files.
- THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, LINKS, AND PLUG-INS
The Services may have links to third-party websites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites.
- DATA SECURITY
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and visitors to the Services. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information) on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- CONTACTING US
15301 Ventura Boulevard, Building B, Suite 420
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403.